Your pets are an integral part of your family. They need constant care and love. In return, they brighten up your house as well as your life. There are many people, who forget how important their regular health checkup is. Regular visit to good healthcare center for animals like Harmony Animal Hospital can ensure a healthy and happy life of your sweet animal.
Animals like dogs and cats have a much shorter life span as compared to humans. They age faster and hence many rapid changes occur in them. Therefore, it becomes more important for them to have regular diagnosis, so that any disease or health problem can be detected before it is too late. Even if your pets had vaccination recently, it doesn’t immune them to all diseases.
Importance of Regular vet checkups:
Many benefits are offered, if your pet is subjected to regular health diagnosis:
- Early disease detection: Sometimes, you do not notice if any serious illness has started to grow. A thorough examination by the vet will detect all the diseases and an early detection helps in better and easy treatment.
- Dental care: Dogs and cats often develop bacterial growth in their mouth. The plaque and tarter build up leads to bad breath, infections and yellowing of teeth. All these problems including issues related to gums and canines are taken care by your vet.
- Vaccination: Vaccination of dogs and cats is very necessary. It prevents the diseases against cat flu, feline enteritis in cats, and rabies in dogs.
- Weight and body Control: Obesity is quite common among cats and dogs. A regular checkup helps in controlling their body weight. A vet can advise you regarding their diet and daily routine.
- More important for senior cats and dogs: Old pets require frequent checkups because they develop age related illness. Old cats can develop problems related to kidneys, liver, hearing power, loss of vision or dementia. The symptoms are well hidden in cats thus making regular checkups more essential.
Similarly, senior dogs may need blood tests and measurement of blood pressure regularly to know the status of their health. They are more prone to kidney and liver disorders along with canine cognitive dysfunction. Affected dogs may whine a lot and urinate anywhere. A vet can cure them and reduce the illness.
Other issues to discuss with a vet
There are other things, which you can discuss with the vet during regular checkup:
- Change in behavior: If you notice your dog or kitty doing something unusual then you should discuss it with the vet. May be the change in behavior is due to some health problem or just like that. A vet looks after the emotional as well as physical health of the pets.
- Fleas, ticks and worms: It is also an important topic on which, your vet can advise you the best. Control of fleas is extremely necessary because it may cause nasty diseases.
- Neutering: If you do not want your cat to breed, then you can go for cat neutering after consulting with the vet. It is recommended in cancer or infectious disease also.
It can be seen that how important are regular health checkups for your dogs and cats as well as for other animals. It promises a better, happy and longer life to the animals.