If every time you take a look in the mirror you spot unlikely features on your face or any part of the body, there is need to do something fast. That is why plastic surgery is here; to improve someone’s appearance hence self-esteem. The procedure can be performed on any part of the body. And as technology becomes more advanced, it takes fewer days for one to heal. Plastic surgery majorly deals with two parts; face and body. The most common types of plastic surgeries include:
1) Eyelid Surgery – This is a procedure performed on the eye to reduce bagginess on the lower eyelids and remove excess skin from the upper eyelids. The surgery is majorly done for cosmetic reasons, and is one way of improving sight in older individuals who have a problem with seeing as a result of sagging eyelids blocking vision. Eyelifts eliminate dark circles, found under the eyes, facial wrinkles and crow’s feet. It can also be done along with other procedures like forehead lifts, laser resurfacing and many more like is evident in Cameron Diaz. This article has covered everything about her surgery including before and after images.
2) Facelift – Previously, facelifts were used to tighten the skin around the face. Currently however, they also reposition muscles, face fat and skin. Candidates in need of facelift include those with signs of aging, individuals with more fat than necessary on the face, or with wrinkles. An individual in need of this procedure must have realistic expectations as the surgery does not totally eliminate the aging process but instead, gives one a less tired and refreshed look.
3) Rhinoplasty – It can also be referred to as nose surgery. Most patients seek this procedure to change the shape of the nose, or its functions. In rare cases, some seek both. A rhinoplasty can serve to modify a bone, skin or cartilage. Sharon Osbourne is a beneficiary of this procedure.
4) Breast Implants – Women love a smooth and rounded look especially around the bust. As they age however, most women often have flat or unshapely breasts due to a number of reasons including childbearing and breastfeeding. There are two types of breast implants namely; saline filled and silicone filled implants. Of the two, the most commonly used procedure is the silicone filled implant.
5) Tummy Tuck – Anyone who cannot perform sit ups due to excess flab or skin on the tummy even after dieting or exercise might consider a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty. The surgery flattens the abdomen as it removes extra skin and fat, thereby flattening muscles found on the abdominal wall. A number of people confuse it with a liposuction. It is possible to get a liposuction as well as tummy tuck. It is ideal for women with excess fat due to childbearing or obesity.
6) Buttock Lift- The procedure aims to remove excess fat or skin as a result weight loss, genetics, gravity and aging. When the skin over the buttocks is tightened or lifted, it becomes less wrinkled, dimpled or saggy.
7) Arm Lift- It is also known as brachioplasty and is an excellent procedure for removing sagging skin on the upper arms. It is an ideal procedure for both men and women especially who have reduced weight.