When you say Raw Food Diet, your diet must be focused on fresh foods. It can be fruit and vegetables, herbs, nuts, fresh juices, seed, etc. Approximately is it considered to have 80% of your food intake must be raw, unprocessed or uncooked. Natural foods are the best food for our body, and raw foods are natural.
Eating or drinking raw and fresh foods are necessary in our body because it contains fibre that usually lost during the processing or cooking of food. Raw Food diet is easily absorbed and digested by the body and it contains a smaller amount of calories than any other diets. Nutritional values of food were easily depreciated when the food you are eating undergone a processing or cooking with the heat greater than 116 Fahrenheit, thus, the enzymes that are helping them to metabolize your food intake to the body, also being destroyed.
When you eat at least 80% of raw foods, there are lots of health benefits that you may acquire, such as:
- Energy Booster
- Minimal Sleep Requirement
- Healthier Skin
- Improvement on Digestion
- Weight Loss
- Stable Weight
- Decreased the Risk of Cardiovascular Diseases
- Avoid Endocrine Disease – Diabetes Mellitus
- Reduced the Risk of Cancer
If you choose to have a heathy diet, you may start taking in foods high in magnesium, potassium, folate and fibre. These foods contain small amount or no saturated fats and low salt. Raw is the best food to be taken if you wish to have a natural diet for cleansing and even detoxing.
These are the facts behind those foods which are considered to be natural or raw:
- Brown Rice – good source of energy; less calories and fats; filled with vitamins and mineral.
- Cabbage – a vegetable that rich in fiber, vitamin C, and sulphur.
- Carrots – it can be eaten in salads, snacks, and even juiced; good source of vitamin A for a healthy vision and cardio vascular system.
- Seeds, Grains, and Beans – protein-rich food.
If you are pregnant, minor, or someone who has a serious medical issue, you may need to consult to a professional and ask for pieces of advice about the diet that you want to take to know if you are qualified for the diet that you are intended to take in. There will be some discomforts in the process of detoxifying such as nausea and headache for few days after you started the program, but when you refrain yourself from eating meat, sugar, and caffeine, your diet program will be more comfortable.